Friday, March 20, 2020

EPIC! Access at Home!


These last few days have been strange, to say the least, but I have been amazed at the many resources flooding in to educators for students to use at home.  Many companies are being quite generous with their resources.   If I sent it all out at once, it would be overwhelming, so I'm going to highlight one resource that our students and their families can use at home per day here on my blog.    I'm starting today with the one that has been consuming my life for the past 2 days -- EPIC!


EPIC is a subscription book (and video) streaming service for kids.  EPIC boasts that it has "35,000 high-quality fiction and nonfiction books for kids 12 and under."   Like Netflix, it uses a sort of artificial intelligence to "learn" what a student may enjoy and recommend other books or videos that may interest the student.   EPIC always allows schools and teachers to use their service for free, so we have really enjoyed using it at school.   Right now, EPIC is offering free access for students to use at home until the end of the school year (June 30, 2020).   EPIC works well on a variety of devices.   If you are a Stough parent and have not requested (and received) access to your child's EPIC account and would like access, please fill in this simple form.   I will send you an invitation for signing up!

Here's a short video showing a few of the things I love in EPIC!

No comments:

Post a Comment